Monday, May 9, 2016

Thornton, Colorado - Day 1

Our first day with my son Ken who took us to see some of the popular attractions in the Denver area. Our first stop was at Flatirons Vista where we did a short walk and enjoyed the scenery. We then toured the Coors brewery (hey, why not?). Then we went to Golden, Colorado, famous for it's gold mining history.

We leave Thornton to begin our day of fun with Ken.

One of the area's wind farms.

Our first stop was at Flatirons Vista with its many hiking trails.

And what a vista it is.

Susan, John and Pat enjoying the views.

My three loves...my wife Susan, my son Ken and my sister Pat.

The Fried family.

We await the bus to take us to the brewery.

The entry wall at Coors.

The brewing process begins here.

The Coors Quality Testing Laboratory.

The bottling area.

Susan and Pat tasting a specialty beer called Colorado Native
that is, unfortunately, only sold in Colorado.

Ken and I also did a "little" tasting.  ;-)

This peak reminds me of Pilot Mountain in N.C.

We enter Golden, Colorado.

We ate lunch at Bob's Atomic Burgers. Yum!

Many of the downtown walls were covered in art.

Could that be the same rock peak that I photographed earlier?

This bronze is titled "A Helping Hand".

Here is a bronze of Adolph Coors, Sr.

Ken stands next to a bronze buffalo.

You could buy a carved bear holding a cute sign for about $150.
We didn't.

No comments: