Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Redwood City, California

Today Pat drove us over to Belmont where Susan lived when I met her, then to my hometown of Redwood City, where Pat and I were raised. We then visited Sequoia High School where Pat and I both graduated. Finally we drove to Pat's house in Sacramento.

Our trip begins by crossing the San Mateo Bridge
over the San Francisco Bay to get to the SF Peninsula.

In Belmont, we visited Susan's old home where she live when I first met her.

In Redwood City, we visited the house where Pat and I grew up.

We visited Menzies Park where Pat and I used to play inside the tank.
Now, they have sealed it up so no one can get inside. Paranoia...

Ahh, Sequoia High School's famous corner entrance.

Pat and I standing at the memorial and Sequoia tree we had erected
to remember our Mother, Marjorie Cook Fried - Class of 1937,
and Grandmother, Alice Twombly Cook - Class of 1914.

Sequoia High School is surrounded by all kinds of tall, mature trees.

The main entrance hasn't changed in over a hundred years.

I remember all of the meetings we had in Carrington Hall
and, of course, the graduation ceremony was held there.

 Sequoia's stained glass symbol as seen from inside the library.

In the center of Sequoia is the beautiful Japanese Tea Garden.

And I love all the different and interesting trees all over the campus.

Pat and Susan at the base of one of the trees at Sequoia.

We then drove through San Francisco and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge
on our way to Sacramento.

An old fishing boat that must have been grounded years ago.

Do they really race super-charged cows at the Sonoma Raceway?

We enter Sacramento.

No comments: